[Spambayes] Perhaps a level header would be useful?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Mar 12 15:52:38 EST 2003

> Apart from the technical glitches you bumped into, there's a
> reason we don't
> want to combine H and S via any expression of this form.
[technical explanation cut]

Thanks for that Tim.  It's been a few years since I've done maths...I was playing around with number (a non-broken version), and came to much the same conclusion myself, but without the nice theory.

> BTW, and IIRC, cmp.py never got updated to deal sensibly with
> unsures.  If
> that's right, it shouldn't be used except when spam_cutoff ==
> ham_cutoff.
> Then you've got a two-outcome classifier (no unsures), and
> cmp.py won't "forget" any msgs.

I think this is still the case.  If there is going to be a minor increase in testing again, which is the better option, to have ham_cutoff==spam_cutoff, or to update to reveal unsure info?  (I suspect the latter).

Thanks again.  [Must think more before posting.  Must think more before posting. Must think...]