[Spambayes] pop3proxy HEADER_EXAMPLE and HEADER_FORMAT

Tue Mar 11 22:12:55 EST 2003

3/11/2003 10:00:41 PM, "Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> wrote:

>It seems to me that saying that a message is bigger than it actually is is
*not* a problem, but the reverse would be (if, for example, memory was set
aside for it).  So X-Spambayes-MailID is easy, X-Spambayes-Level is easy, X-
Spambayes-Prob is easy, and X-Spambayes-Classification is easy.  X-Spambayes-
Evidence is the tricky one.

>> One idea here is to add the headers willy-nilly, then
>> determine the length of the resulting header text.
>
>I'm not sure I get what you are suggesting here.

Yeah, I'm suggesting simply adding the headers to the message, then reporting
how big the resulting message is.  It's a bit of a hack, but it'll be
accurate.  Upon further rumination, though, it won't work with STAT, cause you
don't have the message to add headers to.  So STAT is gonna have to make an
estimate.  But upon further further rumination, I seriously doubt that mailers
actually use STAT to allocate buffer space, for example.  That doesn't make
much sense to me.  Probably more to simply put a mail size in the mailer ui,
or to determine if it's larger than some threshold value set in the mailer
configuration as the maximum size of a mail to download, etc. etc. etc.

>I guess we could limit the number of words in the evidence, and if more are
present, just not include them (or include a "...", or "too many words! go to
the web ui!" message).

That works, too.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com