[Spambayes] pop3proxy HEADER_EXAMPLE and HEADER_FORMAT

Wed Mar 12 07:07:03 EST 2003

3/11/2003 11:59:28 PM, "T. Alexander Popiel" <popiel at wolfskeep.com> wrote:

>In message:  <1ED4ECF91CDED24C8D012BCF2B034F13C8C8B3 at its-xchg4.massey.ac.nz>
>             "Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> writes:
>>
>>So is it:
>>(a) put limits on the size of our headers
>>(b) no limits, and if someone reports a bug, then we reconsider things >:)
>
>Or (c) when we get a STAT or LIST or something which requires
>reporting the size of the message, we could fetch the message
>and analyze it and report the proper size after headers have
>been added...
>
>Of course, I'm not volunteering to code it, and I have no
>idea whether that would make the proxy too slow/expensive
>for people on dialups...

One of the points stat is to not have to fetch mails that are excessively
large unless the user wishes it.  Fetching the mail on a stat really violates
the protocol.

>- Alex

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com