[Spambayes] Spambayes installation problem
T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 13 11:19:41 EST 2003
> using the windows installer from mark's web site. not sure of
> version ..
> downloaded it yesterday. is installed in program files
> directory but does not appear on outlook.
Hopefully Mark will chip in, because he'll have more of an idea about this that I will. (Mark: can any trace information be obtained with the installer version? do people have to have Python installed to be able to get this?)
* This is definately *Outlook*, and not *Outlook Express*, right? (I just have to check...)
* Are you displaying the "Standard" toolbar? This is where the plugin buttons will appear.
* Uninstall the plugin. Reset the toolbars in Outlook. Reinstall the toolbars.
* Choose "Customize current view" in the inbox. Look at the "fields defined in this folder" section. If there is a "Spam" column there, add it to the view. If this is there & new mail has scores appear, then it's working, but not showing you the GUI.
* Do you have any other Outlook plugins installed? If so, what?
Hope this helps.
More information about the Spambayes