[Spambayes] Spambayes installation problem

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 13 11:19:41 EST 2003

> using the windows installer from mark's web site. not sure of
> version ..
> downloaded it yesterday. is installed in program files
> directory but does not appear on outlook.

Hopefully Mark will chip in, because he'll have more of an idea about this that I will.  (Mark: can any trace information be obtained with the installer version?  do people have to have Python installed to be able to get this?)

Suggestions:
* This is definately *Outlook*, and not *Outlook Express*, right?  (I just have to check...)
* Are you displaying the "Standard" toolbar?  This is where the plugin buttons will appear.
* Uninstall the plugin. Reset the toolbars in Outlook.  Reinstall the toolbars.
* Choose "Customize current view" in the inbox.  Look at the "fields defined in this folder" section.  If there is a "Spam" column there, add it to the view.  If this is there & new mail has scores appear, then it's working, but not showing you the GUI.
* Do you have any other Outlook plugins installed?  If so, what?

Hope this helps.