[Spambayes] Storing Options

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 13 21:51:00 EST 2003

[Tony]
> I know I'm not completely alone here, but I'd like to know if
> there are lots of people (or even a few of the right people ;)
> that like it as it is.  If people (a) don't care, or (b) also
> don't like it, then I'll try and come up with a better scheme
> (and present it before making any changes!).

I'm certainly +1 on the concept.  I think you should go for it!  We are
still alpha, so we can get away with lots.

Now is better, too - the longer we go, the harder it gets.  I've already
discovered that splitting the database from an inheritance model is much
harder than it looks - largely because there is already a kind of decay in
the code - some __getstate__, some explicit, some pickling, some zodb, etc.

It seems the math is done - if Tim can't measure improvement, I'm sure as
hell that I can't <0.0 wink>.  So the more architecture stuff we can do now,
the better, and the more future users of this technology can benefit.

Mark.