[Spambayes] database corruption

Wed Mar 19 20:27:00 EST 2003

3/19/2003 8:21:29 PM, "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Interesting.  Then I wonder how this problem could occur.  Presumably the
>original poster was not performing a train operation as the machine went
>down (certainly not *every* time this has happened).  So assuming that a
>synch() was done at least a few seconds ago, what could cause the database
>to get into a corrupt state?  How would the file ever change after the last
>train had completed?

The only answer I can come up with is that there is a bug in whatever dbm
implementation that D.R.Evans (and others) are currently using.  Is there a
way to determine what dbm implementation gets used by these guys?

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,