[Spambayes] Beta status checklist (not new feature requests!)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 20 17:19:10 EST 2003

> > IMO, a (potential) user should download *either* the Outlook
> > installer, *or* a beta release of everything else.
>
> Sounds fine to me - except I would raise the bar a little -
> why not make a pop3propxy *binary* release for Windows too -
> then the problem becomes moot- on Windows you get a binary.

I notice that this is also listed in the "short term plans" in the
readme in the windows directory. Does this mean that you are working on
it, or that someone else should?

> I realize time is an issue, so this strategy sounds OK for
> beta2, but maybe we could aim for a beta3 with binaries before v1.

Well, TimS is only doing _alpha_ 3 at the moment, unless the list of
prereq's for beta 1 ends up really short, so there should be time. But
otherwise, yes.