[Spambayes] Beta status checklist

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Mar 21 15:30:34 EST 2003

> Nope, they enter into every probability calculation, via
> Classifier.probability(). More, they have to.

I don't know how I missed that. I was even looking at that section of
the code; I remember reading those lines. Go figure.

> I expect a real bug got hacked over instead of solved at the
> time these int() calls got added to classifier.add_msg():
[...]
> That is, the database was hosed if these things were ever strings, or
> someone hacked around a bad database integration in the wrong place.

Really we need to solve the problem that's causing the incorrect counts,
rather than try and restore 'corrupt' db's. What we need, of course, is
someone who regularly seems this problem so that we can track it down.
Anyone out there?