[Spambayes] filtering in the face of disk quotas or full disks

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Fri Mar 21 17:34:19 EST 2003

In message:  <15995.35595.805586.553059 at montanaro.dyndns.org>
             Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>Has anybody thought about how any of the Spambayes tools would perform in
>the face of disk quotas or full disk partitions?

Very poorly.  I think that'd send it straight into DB corruption.
In general, spambayes is likely to require a bit more disk space
than any fixed-pattern classifier like SpamAssassin... my database
is about 20 megs, for instance.  I don't hink that SpamAssassin
requires more than a few K of personal storage, unless you turn on
its bayesian stuff...

- Alex