[Spambayes] Binaries for MSwin

Terrel Shumway tshumway at jdiworks.net
Fri Mar 21 18:19:30 EST 2003

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 15:22, Mark Hammond wrote:
> > > Add the Outlook binary installer as part of the release?  Absolutely!
>
> Sounds fine to me - except I would raise the bar a little - why not make a
> pop3propxy *binary* release for Windows too - then the problem becomes
> moot- on Windows you get a binary.

one more reason to publish binaries for mswin: ZoneAlarm.
popfile, written in perl, forces the average[1] user to allow all perl
programs to access the internet -- a gaping hole in your firewall. (I
consider this a defect in ZoneAlarm's design, but I don't think it is going
away anytime soon.)

---
[1] a sophisticated user could create a private copy of perl.exe and call it
popfile.exe