[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-709051 ] Error loading configuration should not be fatal

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 24 14:56:42 EST 2003

Bugs item #709051, was opened at 2003-03-25 09:19
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=709051&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There was a report of this error using the second
binary release:

SpamAddin - Connecting to Outlook
pythoncom error: Failed to call the universal dispatcher
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\universal.py",
line 170, in dispatch
  File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py",
line 322, in _InvokeEx_
  File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py",
line 601, in _invokeex_
  File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py",
line 541, in _invokeex_
  File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\addin.py", line
655, in OnConnection
  File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\manager.py", line
475, in GetManager
  File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\manager.py", line
152, in __init__
  File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\manager.py", line
355, in LoadConfig
exceptions.EOFError:

While there is another problem that caused this error,
we should not die completely loading the config pickle
should it get screwed up.  However, as this means
spambayes will be unconfigured, we do need a scheme to
let the user know this (as we do in the few other
places where we disable spambayes due to config errors)