[Spambayes] Spambayes/procmail

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 31 12:33:51 EST 2003

    Dave> Here's what I've never understood about this system: shouldn't it
    Dave> be enough to label spam?  GNUs gives me a key to label a message
    Dave> as spam.  If I collect all of those, shouldn't I be able to tell
    Dave> spambayes that everything in my INBOX that's been read and isn't
    Dave> in my SpamBox is ham?

I suspect you can use or adapt Neil Schemenauer's mboxtrain.py script to do
what you want.  I started doing things this way before that was an option
though.

    >> This setup works fine for me, though probably won't be as attractive
    >> for people who aren't as addicted to the shell prompt as I am.

    Dave> Well, I'm not sure I understand it yet, but I think I'll get
    Dave> there.

Yeah, it will probably take awhile.  If you fetch your email via POP you
might find the pop3proxy a better fit.  It provides a web-based training
interface.

Skip