[Spambayes] Latest spammer trick stymied

Mon Mar 31 18:44:53 EST 2003

3/31/2003 6:24:36 PM, "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>[Tim S again]
>> EXCELLENT point, Alex.  Case closed.
>
>I'm not sure who you are speaking for here <wink>.  But yeah, fetching the
>URL does seem the wrong long-term approach.  I'm very impressed with the
>creativity of the idea though - I see lots of these spams and did wonder WTF
>we could do about it.

Speaking for myself, of course...

We currently do not provide a token for the *presence* of a url.  I'm not sure if this
would have pushed it toward spamminess or not, but it bears researching.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,