[Spambayes] Could the Outlook plugin mark messages as "Read" whenthey are moved to spam folder?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat May 3 10:17:35 EDT 2003

> I've searched past messages and the doco, but can find no
> reference to the following issue, which I think a little
> strange, so maybe it has been discussed, if so my apologies ...

It is a little strange, since it was discussed quite a bit, but that was
a while back now.  This is more-or-less the idea behind SF RFE [ 680629
] "Outlook plugin: Delete as spam marks as read".

Just to complicate things, there's another issue, this one a bug, where
the plugin changes the read status of a message from read to unread when
it processes it.  (in SF bugs [ 716684 ] "Filtering marks message as
unread").

The first one was submitted in February, so things aren't really moving
all that fast on it :)  I think this is mostly because it wasn't seen as
all that important, and wasn't asked for by many people.  I did start
looking at how to do it, but got tangled up in the COM stuff and found
something more interesting to work on ;)  I might see if I can give it
another go.

Out of interest, which behaviour would you rather have?
(a) Mark all messages classified as Spam as read.
(b) Mark all messages actioned with the "Delete as Spam" button as read.