[Spambayes] Outlook 2000 and spambayes dying

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat May 3 10:23:12 EDT 2003

> Both times this
> occurred was after rebooting my system from an unstable
> state, i.e. I basically killed my machine and cycled power.
[...]
> After this happened I basically just deleted the C:\Documents
> and Settings\cmawson\Application Data\SpamBayes\*.* reran the
> addin.py and manager.py retrained and things started working again.

What happened both times (going by the trace) is that the configuration
file was corrupted.  I wouldn't have thought this should happen unless
it was actually being written to at the time, but I could be wrong.

There's a limit to what can be done in this sort of situation, but the
plugin can definitely handle this should of thing better.  There's a SF
bug about it - [ 709051 ] "Config file loading and saving is fragile".

So, unfortunately, all that you can really do at the moment is what you
have been doing, and wait for the fix for that bug to come along.  (Plus
stop killing your machine like that <wink>).