[Spambayes] pop3proxy.py startup script

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at nc.rr.com
Tue May 13 11:36:26 EDT 2003

Has anyone been able to get the pop3proxy.py to start at boot time?  I'm
using Red Hat Linux 8.0.  I want to have it run on my Linux server while
my Windows clients use the Linux server as their POP3 proxy. I've tried
creating a script in init.d and running chkconfig --add pop3proxy.  But
when I try /etc/init.d/pop3proxy start I get a message stating Starting
pop3proxy then it sits there.  I need it to return to the command prompt
so that other scripts can continue to start.  I tried adding an
ampersand & after the command:

daemon pop3proxy.py -l 110 -u 8880  other params &

This got it started, but then /etc/init.d/pop3proxy stop wouldn't work.
  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jesus Rodriguez