[Spambayes] Does anyone care about this report?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 14 09:12:52 EDT 2003

    Tony> I'm pretty sure that Alex is right and Spambayes does no locking.

I'm fairly sure you're correct.  In any case, locking db files will probably
vary based on the type of the file which underlies anydbm.  To be safe, when
unlocking a db file I think Spambayes would have to close it, then reopen it
later when it next grabs the lock.

I use hammiefilter from procmail and let procmail do the locking.  It's done
at a higher level, so there's only ever one hammiefilter process running.
That might be an option for some people.

Skip