[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-738884 ] Microsoft Outlook Patch Q329295 Disables SpamBayes?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri May 16 11:47:25 EDT 2003

Bugs item #738884, was opened at 2003-05-16 13:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=738884&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I use a Nextel phone feature called Mobile Email to
manage my Outlook Calendar via my cell phone.
(http://www.nextel.com).   Nextel upgraded their
software, and forced me to upgrade their desktop
synchronization app from version 3.2 to 4.1.

As part of the upgrade, the Nextel 4.1 software required
me to install an Outlook patch from Microsoft.  Here are
links to the article and the actual binary patch download:

us;Q329295

http://download.microsoft.com/download/OfficeXPStandar
d/Patch/329295/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/q329295.exe

After the patch was installed and the Nextel 4.1
installed, SpamBayes was broken:
- No filtering
- No toolbar icons
- Log file indicates nothing
- Add-In still visible under "COM Add-Ins"

I de-installed and re-installed the SpamBayes binary,
but it did not help.

I'm not sure what direction to go in at this point.