[Spambayes] ham/unsure/spam split

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Mon May 19 12:45:12 EDT 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 11:15 pm, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>  Messages
> classified as spam get tossed into two mailboxes by procmail, one for those
> with a score of 0.99 or 1.00, and all others which exceed my spam_cutoff
> (around 0.88).  The only practical difference is the "high spam" mail gets
> scanned less frequently and more quickly.

Ive been using this for the last week, and it does simplify my daily spam
review. The majority of my spams score 0.99, and Ive never had a false
positive score above 0.80.

Does your system treat 'unsures' differently to hams? If not, would it make
sense to set your ham_cutoff to where you currently have spam_cutoff, and
spam_cutoff to 0.99?

If you are treating hams and unsures differently, I would be interested to
hear how. Is this a case for extending the current three-way categorisation
with a fourth 'high spam' category, and adding high_spam_cutoff?