[Spambayes] Spambayes error

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 21 01:14:04 EDT 2003

    >> I've never seen it either, but also use the Outlook client (and
    >> exclusively).  I'm surprised we haven't gotten another clue in all
    >> this time!

    Tony> Me, too.  I'm also surprised that it doesn't show up in testing -
    Tony> we don't use the Outlook client for that...

I don't use the Outlook client and I haven't encountered that problem.
Maybe I retrain from scratch too often (every couple of weeks anyway).  On
the other hand, I never train (incremental or full) into the database I use
for classification, so there's no chance (or only a very slight chance) that
I'm updating my database while hammiefilter is trying to use it.  I train
into a copy of the database, then use it to update in two training copies,
on my laptop via cp, and on the Mojam mail server via rsync.  I'm not aware
of a problem in either setup.

    Tony> So, Richard, if you have trained over 861,000 unique spam
    Tony> messages, things may be ok, but if not you might want to retrain
    Tony> your db.

I suspect even with all the testing Tim has done, he hasn't trained on
861,000 unique spams.

Skip