[Spambayes] Performance of CVS Outlook addin

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 22 10:17:36 EDT 2003

I recently changed the Outlook addin in CVS to save the database after
*every* training operation, iff you are using a bsddb.

I'm wondering if any people have actually started using this version, and
what their impressions of the speed are?  Personally, it is slower and now I
tend to do all my "Unsure" messages in one hit - ie, select all the ones I
want to "Recover", then do it as one operation.  This results in a single
save.  If I select the "Recover" etc button once per message, we get a save
per message with the resulting slowdown.

Any other impressions?  Should this save code remain in place?

Mark.