[Spambayes] SpamBayes can't call universal dispatcher

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu May 22 22:52:18 EDT 2003

    Kent> I'm seeing a problem with the binary distribution (002) in Outlook
    Kent> 2000 running on WinMe.  Here's the log file:

    Kent> exceptions.LookupError: no codec search functions registered:
    Kent> can't find encoding

    Kent> Any suggestions?

This is a known problem with the installer and some versions of Windows (or
I seem to recall that it is - I'm not a Windows person and there is so much
Windows/Outlook traffic here these days I can't keep it all straight).  I
think you should be okay with the Spambayes source distribution, but that
means you'll have to install Python 2.2.2 and maybe some of Mark Hammond's
other goodies (win32all?).

Maybe we need is a set of instructions - maybe we already have them
somewhere - for people who aren't successful with the binary installer.

Skip