[Spambayes] Moved my spambayes folder and killed the plugin

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri May 23 16:09:34 EDT 2003

> > And these:
> >       if self.manager.config.filter.enabled:
> >   AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'filter'
>
> It sounds like the config is hosed.  Clearly it is a bug we
> don't handle that gracefully, but I am not sure how it gets
> so lost.  Try deleting the config pickle maybe (actually,
> just move it away so we can try and recreate the error)

Bah.  I could have sworn that I did that already.  But I obediently
followed your instructions and lo and behold it fixed it.

If I manually load the pickle in PythonWin the __class__ of the created
object is "NoneType", so I gather that somehow I pickled None instead of
the config object.

I have no idea how things went so wrong!  I suppose there could be a
check when loading the config pickle to see if it is the correct type,
but I'm not sure it's worth it (how many people are going to do what I
did?)

Thanks for the help!