[Spambayes] Experimental Ham/Spam imbalance setting

Oliver Maunder lists at olivermaunder.co.uk
Fri May 23 12:19:13 EDT 2003

Meyer, Tony wrote:

>The trickiest thing here is that the Outlook users (who probably are a
>majority now?) do use the option, while by default, the others don't.
>We really need people to put in some time testing to see if it is worth
>keeping or not.  If it is, I gather from (Tim P's?) comment in the code
>that it can just be enabled for everyone.

I''ll turn the option on, and see what happens. I get a *lot* more spam
than ham. At the moment, I'm only training on unsures - but all the
unsures are clearly spam, so the spam db is growing much faster than ham.

At the moment, about a third of my spam ends up classified as Unsure.
There's never any ham in the Unsure folder. I'll try the
ham-spam-imbalance option and see if there's any change. If not, I'll
just need to review my threshold settings

Olly