[Spambayes] Problem with pop3proxy

Bernie Gardner w1az at arrl.net
Sat May 24 23:26:37 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 16:28, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Bernie> I'm just starting to use spambayes and need a little assistance.
>     Bernie> I am using SuSE linux 8.2 and Evolution as a mail program.  When
>     Bernie> I set up the localhost:port address in Evolution and start
>     Bernie> pop3proxy with the same port number, I get a connection refused
>     Bernie> error when I try to check mail on the isp server.
>
> What app gets the connection refused, Evolution or pop3proxy?  If it's
> pop3proxy, can you send us your configuration info?  If it's Evolution, make
> sure you have pop3proxy started first.  (I know that's probably obvious, but
> it's not clear that's what you did from your wording.)
>
> Skip

Thanks for the reply and reasonable suggestions.  I did start pop3proxy
first,and in fact I can access the setup pages in my browser with no
problem.  I think it is Evolution which is refused by my local computer,
not pop3proxy by the isp.  The error message definitely comes from
Evolution and comes up immediately after I press send/recieve.

--
Bernie Gardner <w1az at arrl.net>