[Spambayes] Outlook Express (yikes!)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon May 26 12:35:03 EDT 2003

I said this in a previous post, but it was kinda hidden, and this is
fairly important, so I'm going to say it again (apologies to those that
read the other one ;)

Alpha2 *does not* support Outlook Express.  OE can't filter on arbitrary
headers, so although the messages get classified, OE can't do anything
with them.

TimS created a fix for this way back in February (adding information to
the To: and/or Subject: headers), but this was *after* alpha2 was
released.  I didn't realise this (nor, does it seem, did anyone else),
and so assumed that alpha2 would be ok for OE.

Additionally, at the moment, the CVS code *does not* support OE.  I'll
try and find time today to put the notate-to and notate-subject code
back in, but it's been gone for a while.  So the only way to use
Spambayes with OE would be to grab a CVS snapshot from a month or so ago
(not exactly a process that's easy for OE users).

If Skip/Bill etc could perhaps update the docs that would be great.  For
the moment, probably a good idea to stop telling people that OE is ok :)
(Although OE with IMAP is ok with CVS...)