[Spambayes] New mailing lists

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun May 25 23:47:19 EDT 2003

[Mark Hammond]
> There seemed to be consensus that new mailing lists would be a good
> idea, specifically spambayes-users, spambayes-dev and
> spambayes-announce, with "spambayes" being an alias to either users
> or dev.

Make spambayes an alias for spambayes-users; developers should be savvy
enough not to get confused by the hyphen <0.5 wink>.

> I would love the see the "announce" one setup - simply so we can tell
> people with problems to subscribe so they know when to try our next
> big mess <wink>.
>
> How about we "just do it".  I propose that -users, like -dev, be
> unmoderated and not restricted to member posting, for the same
> reasons discussed re this list.  -announce should be restricted and
> moderated, and I volunteer to be it.
>
> Any objections?  If not, then I suggest we just ask Barry to wave his
> wand.

It's a holiday weekend on this side of the pond, and I don't think Barry is
around.  I'm addressing this directly to him too in the hopes that it will
stick out more in the 10,000 pieces of email awaiting his return.

I'm +1 on all you said, but lack the magical powers to make it so.