[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-743791 ] BUG: spambayes crashes when filtering moves mail

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 26 11:27:56 EDT 2003

Bugs item #743791, was opened at 2003-05-26 17:27
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=743791&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I'm running the binary version of spambayes on Outlook
2000 SR-1/Win2000 Professional SP2 Build 2195.
Outlook is configured in Exchange mode. My computer
virus scanner is labelled "Vshield" - it is a corporate
laptop and I can't disable it.

Spambayes is installed and classifying OK. But if I
configure the filterer to do anything other than leave files
untouched, Outlook crashes on receipt of the first
message after enabling the filter. I can't tell whether the
messages that cause the crash are ham (and therefore
spambayes is crashing on anything) or whether it is a
spam and it is something to do with the transfer.

There is nothing untoward in the log files. Last entry
before the last crash is "Message 'Its here! The weight
loss patch! vrhd' had a Spam classification of 'Yes'" but I
don't know if that refers to the message that was arriving
when it crashed or not.

I've removed all of my inbox assistant rules. My security
setting is "Medium-Low". Help would be appreciated as
I'm drowning in spam and this looks great.

Regards, Richard Lyon