[Spambayes] Re: Collecting word lists.. - BUMMER

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon May 26 17:24:57 EDT 2003

[Skip Montanaro]
> I tried both "w" and "wb" on my Mac OS X system and got precisely the
> same output.  Perhaps the "and Macs" part only refers to versions <
> OS X.

To those versions of Mac OS that use \r as the native line end.  Part of
text-mode writing is converting \n to \r then (and part of text-mode reading
is converting \r to \n; if you don't have any ord('\n') bytes in your binary
data when writing in text mode on such a Mac, then it won't make any
difference; if you do have any ord('\n') bytes in your binary data when
writing in text mode on such a Mac, then all such bytes will be corrupted in
the output).