[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-743515 ] Unable to expand folders in folder selection dialog.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 26 16:56:06 EDT 2003

Bugs item #743515, was opened at 2003-05-26 17:58
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by mhammond
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=743515&group_id=61702

>Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On my computer I do the following steps:
1 - Install the software with Outlook 2002. This succeeds
2 - Call forth the Anti-Spam manager dialog.
3 - Click the "Train Now..." button. This calls forth
the "Training" dialog.
4 - Click either of the two "Browse" buttons. This
calls forth the "Select Folders..." dialog, which has a
tree control with two top level nodes: "Public Folders"
and "Personal Folders."
5 - Clicking on the "Public Folders" node expands it,
as expected.
6 - Clicking on the "Personal Folders" node does
nothing; it does not expand as expected.

---------------------------------------

Looking at the log file, the following lines are present:

Traceback (most recent call last):
"E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py",
line 384, in OnTreeItemExpanding
"E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py",
line 74, in _BuildFoldersMAPI
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221246, 'Invalid window
handle', None, None)
win32ui: Exception in OnNotify() handler

The exception appears to happen in a call to
FolderSpec() from the _BuildFoldersMAPI function. Here
is a snippet of _BuildFoldersMAPI containing the call
to FolderSpec:

        try:
            child_folder =
manager.message_store.GetFolder(temp_id)
        except pythoncom.com_error:
            # Bad folder for some reason - ignore it.
            child_folder = None
        if child_folder is not None:
            spec = FolderSpec(child_folder.GetID(), name)
            # If we have no children at all, indicate
            # the item is not expandable.
            table =
child_folder.OpenEntry().GetHierarchyTable(0)