[Spambayes] Impressed by SAProxy

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue May 27 12:38:18 EDT 2003

> Installed SAproxy (http://saproxy.bloomba.com/) today and was quite
> impressed by their little windows gui.
> You download, doubleclick and all of a sudden you have a
> little icon in the taskbar which starts when windows starts.
> You can right-click it and select "Configure", "View manual"
> or "Exit".

I think a little applet like this would be especially good if it could
do a little more than this.  For example, if the mail app was in the
foreground, it would offer "train as spam" and "train as ham" options,
and be able to take the appropriate action.  Rather a difficult thing to
program, though :)

For the moment, (to me) it doesn't seem worth creating an applet like
this.  Clicking "configure" is no different than launching a shortcut to
http://localhost:8880/config.  We're a bit lacking on the manual side,
but at some point the web interface (for pop3proxy, imapfilter et al)
will have a link to documentation.  When that happens clicking "View
manual" will be the same as launching a shortcut to
http://localhost:8880/help (or whatever the link will be).  On Windows
it's simple enough to add those to the Quick Launch bar, for example.

Would you agree with this?  Or am I missing something that makes the
applet better?  (I don't have SpamAssassin, so I presume SAProxy
wouldn't work for me).