[Spambayes] Impressed by SAProxy

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue May 27 13:58:53 EDT 2003

> I basically like the double-clickability. As opposed to
> running the console and typing commands (hate win services).

But you don't have to type any commands.  Just launch a browser and go
to a bookmark, or (to cut out a step), open a shortcut to a URL.  This
is double-clicking (possibly only one click).

> I will personally have a look at maybe writing an app that does this.

If you use Mark's toolbar demo as a starter, then all you have to do is
set one menu item ("Configure") to open the web browser at the
appropriate page (pop3proxy.py has code that does this that you can
steal), and one to launch whatever documentation you're going to refer
to.  (And keep the example exit).  And that's it.

I still don't see the utility of this application, but if you do make
it, please submit it as a patch so that others can use it also.