[Spambayes] Impressed by SAProxy

Oliver Maunder lists at olivermaunder.co.uk
Tue May 27 15:24:41 EDT 2003

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> What other ways are there to start the pop3proxy?
> What I do is:
> Run -> "cmd" Enter -> "cd C:\Python22\spambayes\" ->
> "C:\Python22\python.exe pop3proxy.py"

Create a shortcut with the command line:

C:\Python22\python.exe C:\python22\spambayes\pop3proxy.py

In the shortcut properties set "Start In" to c:\python22\spambayes.
Then, you can put this shortcut in your start menu, on the desktop, or
in your Startup group to make sure it's run when Windows boots.

You can get rid of the console window by running the script with
pythonw.exe instead of python.exe. This does mean that you won't see the
console window output. I don't run pop3proxy, so I don't know if that is
important.

Olly