[Spambayes] Spambayes problem: it stopped working - com ad in is disabled? wo n't let me re-enable...

Dickinson, Matthew matthewd at cisco.com
Thu May 29 15:16:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

Spambayes was working perfectly for me - it's the best spam filterer that
I've ever used!

So I've been very inundated with spam over the past week because it hasn't
been working...

I'm running the binary version.

About a week ago Outlook pretty much hung and was hanging the whole PC,
eventually it reported that an error had occured with an Add In (I'm
assuming Spambayes as I have no other adins) and that it would disable it...
so that it could start Outlook (it kept on crashing each time I tried to
start it until I did this)... So once Outlook was back up I went into the
com add in section and saw that it was there (just without the checkbox) so
I checked the box hit ok etc... but no icon's appeared on the menu and my
spam wasn't being filtered (ie it wasn't running)... so I went back to the
com ad in area and noticed that it was unchecked again... I tried checking
it again etc... and basically its as if it won't stay enabled...
So I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it - same problem.

I even tried upgrading to Outlook 2002, then installing it - same problem

There is no log file generated from the session (the last log file says that
Spambayes was registered successfully)

Any ideas on how I can get it working?

Thanks

Matt