[Spambayes] Re: Spambayes Install Error

joseph.warner at siemens.com joseph.warner at siemens.com
Thu May 29 11:33:06 EDT 2003

>1) You have to grant the user local admin rights.

<nods> That was the problem, though my account had administrative rights I
still
had to sign on with the admin account, run the install, logout, login with
my account
and rerun the install.  After doing that the "Anti-Spam dropdown button"
appeared
in my Outlook toolbar and I was able to configure it.

Thanks for your help and very quick response!

-- Joe

----- Forwarded by Joe Warner/SMS on 05/29/2003 10:28 AM -----
|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Joe Warner      |
|         |                           |
|         |           05/29/2003 08:39|
|         |           AM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      spambayes at python.org                                                                          |
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: Spambayes Install Error                                                                       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'm running Windows 2000 SP3 & Outlook 2000 SP-3 and keep getting
the error:

C:\Program Files\Spambayes Outlook Addin\spambayes_addin.dll
Unable to register the DLL\OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x00000000.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore  to proceed anyway (not recommended), or
Abort to cancel the installation.

This has appeared in a couple of places in the archives and I found a
couple
bug reports were filed but the bug references seem to be in a "dupe" loop:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=740198&group_id=61702&atid=498103

If there's an existing resolution/fix, can someone help me find the correct
url?

 Thanks

-- Joe

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice at smed.com.  Thank you