[Spambayes] I have a resolution for an install problem

Jon Hinkle jhinkle at autobaseinc.com
Fri May 30 11:54:59 EDT 2003

Hey Guys

  Great so far!  I had a problem with the installation in that the
spambayes_addin.dll wouldn't register on my system.  Well, I'm a software
developer and I know a little bit about this, so I ignored the error on your
install and ran regsvr32 on that dll and it installed just fine then.  Maybe
you've packaged a different regsvr32 with your install.  I don't know, but
it registered fine once I did that.  Anyway I opened Outlook and looked for
the buttons your about page was speaking about but didn't see those so I
followed the troubleshooting guide by going to the COM-Addins button under
the Advanced button on the "Other" tab.  I noticed that the spambayes addin
was there and it was checked, but there were no buttons and the
troubleshooting guide said that you were stumped.  Well, all I did was
remove that add-in and then I add it back in through the add-in manager
there and just pointed back to the original installation folder.  I'm making
this sound more difficult than it is.  Basically, just remove and add the
spambayes_addin.dll file from the COM-Addin manager within Outlook and it
should appear there.  At least that's all I did and it works now.  That
could be another alternative for your troubleshooting guide besides, "I'm
stumped".  I've heard good things about this software so I'm hoping it does
better than what I've had before.

Thanks

Jon Hinkle
Software Developer