[Spambayes] Announcement: SpamAtBay Outllok Add-in Beta Candidate 8

Sean True seant at webreply.com
Sat May 31 10:54:43 EDT 2003

For the new people on the list: SpamAtBay is a soon to be available
commercial version of the Spambayes addin for Outlook. Any reader of this
list who would like to beta test for us is welcome to a permanent license --
and anyone who is a SpamBayes developer can have the license without
anything other just asking. In either case, just e-mail me.

Brief history: I wrote the first, really, really bad integration with
Outlook, using VBA and a Python COM server. Mark Hammond thought the idea
was neat, but that the execution was, err, flawed, and pretty much rewrote
it from scratch. Over the last few weeks, I've had a team of several people
working on polishing, layout, docs, QA, and (gag) marketing oriented
features. We're going to release a supported version sometime soon.

We're focusing on Tim's "easy enough for my sister" metric.

Supported systems: Win98SE, ME, NT 4, Win2K, XP; Outlook 2000/2002/XP.
Not supported: Win95; Outlook Express.

Release 1.0 Beta Candidate 8 (0.97)
Reliability and bug fixes. If you are an Exchange user having problems,
please install this release.

1) Hitting the It's Spam button reliably moves the message to the Spam
folder
2) Process missed messages after changing rules
3) Numerous changes to folder navigation, to survive Exchange and Hotmail
idiosyncracies
4) Hotmail folders are not watchable (to be fixed)
5) Log folder that message arrived in
6) Fix bug in getting folder name
7) Bitmaps for installer
8) Menu tree changes (Advanced split into Advanced and Support)
9) Spelling and punctuation fixes
10) Use SpamBayes application data directory if present, but create a new
SpamAtBay directory if not. (If you switch to SpamBayes, you'll need to
manually copy your data files, but they _will_ work.
11) Support/Troubleshooting brings up correct HTML file
12) Added Purchase button to registration dialog, goes to web site. (No
purchase required for any beta user, but someday this will do something).
13) Fix for RedThumb on clipboard problem (text only)
14) Senderlist left and down from mouse.
15) Detect Outlook running during install
16) Support mail now goes to spamatbay.com
17) Uninstall now cleans out registration keys