[Spambayes] Trying spambayes-1.0a7

Remi Ricard Remi.Ricard at simlog.com
Thu Nov 6 09:37:36 EST 2003

Hi Richie,

>I just followed your instructions exactly but had no error.  Two things
>strike me as odd about your stack trace.  One is the location of your
>spambayes library - Python is in C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\, but
>spambayes is in c:\Devtools\spambayes\spambayes.

UsuallyI was running spambayes from CVS in a given directory. Since I
wanted to install version
1.0a7 I did the installation.

>I'd have expected
>spambayes to be in C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Lib\site-packages - is it
>possible you have a PYTHONPATH, or a .pth file, that's pointing to the
>wrong spambayes library?

When I was coming back home I though "Hey my python path point to my old
spambayes location
but is it more than that

>If you type 'python -c "import spambayes; print
>spambayes.__file__"', what do you get?

This is what I get:
python -c "import spambayes; print spambayes.__file__": not found

>Is it what you're expecting, given that you've run the standard spambayes installer?

No

>The other thing which is odd is those traceback pathnames - why the
>DOS-style filenames, C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Scripts\SB_SER~1.PY?
>Are you running an unusual build of Python, or running in an unusual
>environment?

Ok this is my setup
I'm running Windows 2000
cygwin is installed
and
mks
I'm doing my command in an MKS Korn Shell window

When I was doing "which python" I was getting
c:/cygwin/bin/python.exe    oups....
So I added c:/somedir/Python/Python-2.2.2 in front of the cygwin
directory in my path
Now when I do "which python" I'm getting
c:/devtools/Python/Python-2.2.2/python.exe
My environment variable PYTHONPATH is set to
c:/devtools/Python/Python-2.2.2    is this correct ????

After changing the environment variable and the path
I cleaned the python-2.2.2/Scripts from spambayes stuff and also the
Lib/site-packages
Then I reinstalled everything
setup.py install
I got
spambayes-1.0a7% setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
not copying spambayes\cdb.py (output up-to-date)
<cut------->
running build_scripts
not copying scripts\sb_client.py (up-to-date)
<cut----------->
running install_lib
creating C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Lib\site-packages\spambayes
copying build\lib\spambayes\cdb.py ->
C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Lib\site-packages\spambayes
<cut------->
running install_scripts
copying build\scripts-2.2\pop3proxy_service.py ->
C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Scripts

This look go to me

spambayes-1.0a7% setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
not copying spambayes\cdb.py (output up-to-date)
not copying spambayes\cdb_classifier.py (output up-to-date)
not copying spambayes\chi2.py (output up-to-date)
<cut><cut>
running build_scripts
not copying scripts\sb_client.py (up-to-date)
not copying scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py (up-to-date)
<cut><cut>
running install_lib
not copying build\lib\spambayes\cdb.py (output up-to-date)
not copying build\lib\spambayes\cdb_classifier.py (output up-to-date)
not copying build\lib\spambayes\chi2.py (output up-to-date)
<cut><cut>
skipping byte-compilation of
C:\Devtools\Python\PYTHON~1.2\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\cdb.py to cdb.pyc