[Spambayes] repeatable condition where SpamBayes misses new message

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Nov 6 17:24:55 EST 2003

Thanks for the note.  You ar 100% correct in your analysis of the problem.

Wouldn't another solution simply be to set the background processing to a
much lower value?  Remember the intention here is to prevent conflicts with
the builtin rules - I have mine set around the defaults of a 1/2 seconds.
This way it will be processed before the preview-pane marks it as read.

Another potential solution would be to see if I can determine the 'selected'
message in the preview pane, and explicitly score it ignoring the 'read'
state of just that one message.

Either way, it is unlikely to happen unless someone steps up to try and do
some of it.  We are far more likely to spend time helping people add
features than trying to keep up with them all ourselves!

Regards,

Mark.

XCH/exchange/a
ppfarm/

as the file "Printex.exe".  This is a self-extractor that will expand to the
proper directory structure when invoked with "Printex.exe -d".  The
Readme.txt file explains how to get Launcher.dll to call whatever external
program you want and pass it the message ID of the new message.  It includes
a printing application (Exprint) that prints out a message for testing
purposes.

Seth Goodman

Spambayes at python.org