[Spambayes] DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982 possible cause

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Nov 6 18:40:19 EST 2003

[Stephen]
> I have the error message
> >DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
> >recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')
>
> I think I can cause this reliably by clicking the train button and while
> the programming is training, exiting the "web page" in the browser.

When I do this, sb_server hangs up and I have to kill it using Ctrl+Break
or Task Manager (I'm on Windows).  No database corruption should occur as
a result...

...But if this happened and you *didn't* kill it, but instead restarted it
so you had two running, that could maybe cause database corruption.  I
haven't been able to make it happen in my environment, but it's not a bad
theory.  Is it possible that that's what happened, or did you either not
see it hang, or always kill it before starting another?

(I'm in the process of fixing the hanging problem.)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com