[Spambayes] Spambayes installation in SuSE Linux / No module named zlib ?

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Fri Nov 7 01:28:50 EST 2003

"Olli J. Marttila" <olli.marttila at kolumbus.fi> writes:

> Yet I have both zlib-1.1.4-105 and zlib-devel-1.1.4-105
> installed from SuSE home site.
>
> So Iam still at a loss what to do. Can anyone help me?

Olli,

It sounds like SuSE bundles the python zlib module in a different
package.  It won't be called zlib or zlib-devel, but it might be called
something like python-zlib or zlib-python.  You need to install that
package to get the error message to go away.

Your other option, like I'm starting to think we should tell all users
of RPM-based systems, you can install Python 2.3 from source.  Download
the source code, untar it, and run

  ./configure; make install

That will get everything you need installed.

Neale