[Spambayes] help

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:26:04 EST 2003

Sherry Buckowing wrote:
> Ok, I did something stupid and deleted the spam folder out of my
> deleted items. Now that I realize my error I can't seem to correct
> it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program etc. but now I
> keep getting a message that says I need to configure my spam folder.
> Can you tell me how to fix this?

Sure.  SpamBayes locates your spam folder using a unique identifier
assigned by Outlook.  When you recreate your spam folder, it is given a
different identifier even if you give it the same name, so SpamBayes
can't find it.  Note that uninstalling and reinstalling SpamBayes does
not remove your configuration files, so that's why it is still looking
for your old folder.

After you recreate the folder, just open SpamBayes Manager from the
SpamBayes dropdown on your toolbar.  Go to the Filtering tab and look in
the Certain Spam section.  You'll probably see something like "Moved to
folder <unknown folder>".  Just click the Browse button next to this and
select your new spam folder from the list.  Now just close the SpamBayes
Manager and you should be all set.

--
Kenny Pitt