[Spambayes] Is there code to intercept email to run on Windows?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Nov 7 12:49:26 EST 2003

http://assp.sourceforge.net is a decent open-source Bayesian SMTP
filter. It requires Perl to be installed, and it needs to sit in front
of your SMTP gateway, which makes testing on live mail a bit hard unless
you can send a copy of your incoming mail to it. Setup isn't exactly
easy, but most IT types can probably manage.

http://Spamassassin.org also has rules-based, blacklist, and even
bayesian filtering available at the SMTP level, but it is much harder to
install and use, especially on Windows machines.

Someone also once pointed out an SMTP plug-in that was available for
http://popfile.sourceforge.net, but I haven't been able to find a recent
version of that.

I'm playing with assp in a test environment right now, and I like what I
see so far.