[Spambayes] Outlook add-in is SICK and needs help!

Adam Walker adam.walker at rbwconsulting.com
Sun Nov 9 13:03:02 EST 2003

Robert K. Coe wrote:

>I don't mean to be facetious, but is the Outlook add-in still being supported? Over the past several weeks (at least as long as 0.81 has been out there), literally dozens of people have reported the "Unable to register the DLL/OCX ..." error and the (related?) error in which Spambayes sometimes

I believe a new installer is being tested that is based on a new
(sandbox) version py2exe that should fix this problem. Every release of
the plugin brings a new onslaught of problems, I can see why Mark would
want to test installer very well before switching to something new.

>I fully realize that this is free software and that those who wrote it have to spend some time on their day jobs. So I don't want to make too much out of this. But this program does a good job in an area important to all of us, and it would be a shame to see it wither. We were all a little incensed a month or two ago when a columnist denounced Spambayes as not ready for prime time. But I have to say that I'm beginning to think he has a point.

It was a guy in a weblog. As long as there is zero in the first position
of the version number, then no-one is making any promises that it is
ready for prime-time.