[Spambayes] Outlook add-in -- how to restore mail? - CANCEL THIS!

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 21:03:09 EST 2003

[Patrick Lynch]
> Please disregard my query earlier today. I found the "Junk E-Mail"
> folder and my mail was there!

Glad you're unstuck!  Note that it may *not* be there, though:  when you
configured SpamBayes, you had to tell it about two folders, a spam folder
and an "uncertain" folder.  As you continue training the system, it becomes
much less likely that a good email will wind up in the spam folder.  The
uncertain folder is the other place to look.  I get about 700 emails a day,
and look at my spam folder just once at the end of the day, or sometimes not
at all.  I can't remember the last time I found a ham there.  I look at my
uncertain folder several times per day, though.  Unusual ham ends up there,
sometimes so unusual I can't tell whether it's ham or spam without more
effort than it's worth to figure out.  Those I just throw away.  The rest of
the unsures I train on.