[Spambayes] SpamBayes just stopped working

Rick R. Monnin rickm at wtainc.com
Wed Nov 12 09:09:00 EST 2003

Greetings.

I have been using SpamBayes for some time now and it has saved me a great
deal of time.  Thanks!  However, after installing Microsoft hot fix KB824145
yesterday, SpamBayes no longer functions.  When I click on the SpamBayes
icon to bring up the configuration page, nothing happens.  Also spam is no
longer filtered.  I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but it seems that
Outlook doesn't even see SpamBayes any longer as it is no longer listed in
the add-on manager.  In fact after reinstalling, the SpamBayes icon toolbar
is missing as well.  Please help.

I am using Windows XP Sp1, version .81 of SpamBayes, with Outlook 2002.
This is all that is listed in the log files:

Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
Registration complete.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks.