[Spambayes] SpamBayes now filers less than 50% of my spam.

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 01:55:57 EST 2003

[Rob Anderson]
> I am having the same problem. I have 311 ham and 1093 spam

Start by training on more ham.

> in my training database yet SB only catches about 50% of the incoming
> spam.

That's indeed atrocious.

> I read somewhere that people were bragging about 98% of their spam
> being filter by SB.

That should be achievable.

> I am using the defaults of 15% and 90%.

For a reason?  That is, if all the spam it doesn't "catch" shows up in the
Uncertain folder with a score of 89%, you don't get any sympathy for
refusing to reduce your spam cutoff to 88% <wink>.

> I've been using the Outlook plug-in v0.81 for a couple months now with
> Outlook 2000 on a WinXP Home machine.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pick a low-scoring spam you're sure any spam filter *should* have nailed.
Use your mouse to select

    SpamBayes ->
        Show spam clues for current message

Mail the email message that generates to the list (not to me directly,
please -- I can't promise to make time to look at it; someone here should be
able to, though).