[Spambayes] .db files

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Nov 14 08:36:30 EST 2003

> From: Tim Peters

> Not that there's anything wrong with lean & mean.
> It just went out of style around the time you started
> your career <wink>.

And there are those (like my boss) who would say that programming "lean
and mean" in straight C without the use of MFC or other easy-to-use
libraries is wasteful of the most expensive resource in the computer
world: the hourly wages of the programmer.

The reason languages like VB and Java have been so embraced is not
efficiency or elegance, it's their ability to enable rapid application
development. Hardware is cheap (at least since 1990 or so). People are
not.

Regards,
	Ryan