[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] Code locations in Spambayes Outlook plugin

Sean True seant at webreply.com
Fri Nov 14 10:40:20 EST 2003

> > (Why I'm doing this: the headers aren't accessible in Outlook except
> > via View|Options, or programmatically. I want an Outlook form that
> > automatically displays the headers, but doing it in Visual Basic
> > Script is problematic because of Outlook's security policies.
>
> Using MAPI directly appears to sidestep most Outlook whining.
> At least so
> far.

There are also commercial (if inexpensive) ways to use the Outlook object
model
without the security policy whines:

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

which is free for single machine evaluation, and inexpensive for
distribution.
If I were rewriting the OL plugin from scratch, I'd consider using this. It
allows you
to create shadow objects which have OL object model properties and methods,
and then _it_ does
all the nasty MAPI work to make the security issues go away.

-- Sean

Sean True
Chief Technologist

InBoxer: Intelligent spam filter for Outlook 2000+
Download from www.inboxer.com
If you like it, tell your friends -- if you don't, tell me.