[Spambayes] Training/Scoring in SpamBayes

Seth Goodman sethg.delete at GoodmanAssociates.com
Fri Nov 14 14:29:06 EST 2003

[Michael K. Schummers]
> moving to Unsure, Spam or leaving in the Inbox. New messages WILL
> be trained
> if moved from Unsure to Inbox or Spam. They will also be trained if moved
> from Inbox to Spam or Spam to Inbox (clearly this will also occur
> if "Delete
> as Spam" or "Recover from Spam" buttons are used in the
> respective folders.

Is this true?  If the incremental training checkboxes (Outlook plug-in
version 0.81) are checked, does SpamBayes then trigger on the folder move it
initiated when it moved a spam to the spam folder and thus train on all
definite spam?  I currently have those boxes unchecked, as I frequently make
mistakes when I drag-and-drop messages, so I prefer to use the toolbar
button to do all retraining (much harder to screw up).

--
Seth Goodman

  Humans:   please remove ".delete" to reply

  Spambots: please disregard the above